COVID Safe Plan
Drive Smart Driving School instructors are resuming Driving Instructor operations ensuring the recommended COVID Safe hygiene and health safety precautions are in place.
It is critical that all clients who present for Lessons and Assessments can confirm they do not present a health risk. All clients must respond to these screening questions prior to attending lessons or assessments:
1) Do you have any flu-like symptoms?
2) Have you been in contact with anyone who has flu-like symptoms?
3) Have you arrived back from interstate or overseas in the last 14 days?
4) Have you been in close contact with anyone who has returned from interstate or overseas in the last 14 days?
5) Have you been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with the COVID19 virus?
We will choose not to commence a driving lesson or assessment for any client who has not answered NO to these 5 questions or presents unwell for an appointment.
In the case of Driving OT On-Road Assessments, the Driving OT must confirm that both themselves and the client pass the screening test.
Driving Instructor Health
All Driving Instructors will ensure they are remaining COVID Safe and will cease delivering driving lessons or assessments if they at any time become unwell or have close contact with any person who poses a health risk as per the questionnaire.
In the event an Instructor becomes unwell or otherwise poses a health risk, clients will be notified of any related lesson cancellations.
We have also put in place a number of workplace health focused policies including:
- Wiping down vehicle contact surfaces with disinfectant
- Leaving windows partly open during lessons or assessments (weather permitting)
- Ensuring air conditioning is set to Fresh Air settings
- Stepping out of the car (where practical and safe) for de-brief and feed-back sessions
- Minimising lesson lengths where possible and in any case taking an out-of-vehicle break every 30 minutes (where safe and practical)
Drive Smart are committed to continuing providing driving instructor services safely and effectively for all our Driving Instructors, Clients and Allied Health Professionals we support, including those in our community who are more vulnerable.
Proprietor | Principal Trainer
Drive Smart Driving School