In response to questions about our CODIV19 policy, driving lessons and assessments, we have solidified our policy and are circulating this message.
In line with Prime Minister Scott Morrison’s directive (24th March 2020) to Keep Australia Moving and after considering health advice, Drive Smart Driving School specialist driving instructors Mark and Renata are continuing to operate “business as usual” with additional hygiene and health safety precautions in place.
A key component of these precautions is our client screening questionnaire. After explaining our choice to continue and the precautions we have in place, we are asking all clients to confirm the following prior to any lesson or assessment session:
Please confirm that you:
1) Are happy to go ahead with the booked lesson or assessment
2) Do not have any flu-like symptoms
3) Have not been in contact with anyone who has flu-like symptoms
4) Have not arrived back from interstate or overseas in the last 14 days
5) Have not been in close contact with anyone who has returned from interstate or overseas in the last 14 days
6) Have not been in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with the COVID19 virus.
It is critical that all clients who present for Lessons and Assessments can confirm they do not present a health risk.
We will choose not to commence an assessment for any client who has not answered NO to question number one and YES to the rest or presents unwell for the appointment.
In the case of OT On-Road Assessments we ask that the Driving OT please communicate to the booked instructor that the client has ‘passed’ the above screening test.
Please note, Questions 3 and 5 go further than many screening question lists.
We have also put in place a number of workplace health focused policies including:
- Wiping down all in vehicle contact surfaces with disinfectant
- Leaving windows partly open during lessons or assessments
- Ensuring air conditioning is set to Fresh Air settings
- Stepping out of the car (where practical and safe) for de-brief and feed-back sessions
- The option for wearing face masks when working with vulnerable clients.
Drive Smart are committed to continuing providing services safely and effectively for all our OT’s, instructors and clients including those in our community who are more vulnerable.
Proprietor | Principal Trainer
Drive Smart Driving School