This is the third in our series of bad habits that parents pass on to their future young drivers.
Bad Habit: Many drivers consider that driving at three to five or so kilometres over the limit is quite acceptable. Amazingly, there are drivers who are still unsure what the speed limits are.
- Drive slower than most people do, you’ll get there just the same with less stress and using less fuel.
- One to two kilometres below the limit is much better than two or three over.
- If every vehicle on the road was travelling at the correct speed for the situation, there would be almost no crashes.
- If you ever hit any thing you will wish you had been driving slower at the time.
- In an emergency stop situation, just 5 kilometres per hour (faster) can be the difference between a 30kph hit and a ‘close’ miss.
As in life, taking things a little slower means less stress! Try it on the road. Good for you and a great example for your young drivers to follow.
Look for our next ‘bad habit’ fix next week.